Family friendly accommodation near the Cotswolds
A warm welcome for your family on a working farm
As parents of three young children, we know just how difficult it can be trying to keep everyone happy on holiday! Finding the right family-friendly accommodation can make all the difference. Elm Tree Farm is a working sheep and arable farm and there’s always something going on. All of our cottages overlook the farm fields, where you’ll be able to see our resident cows, sheep and chickens. We’re a working farm, but if you visit at the right time of year there’s sometimes the opportunity to feed baby lambs or collect chicken eggs.
Each our of cottages overlooks a central courtyard and there is a slide and play frame at the back. There are gates protecting the entrance to the courtyard so your family will be completely safe.
Everything has been thought of in our beautiful cottages
Our four stunning 1 and 2 bedroom cottages sleep 1-6 guests and are fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Everything is provided to create a home from home, so all you need to bring is food, your belongings and yourselves.
All four cottages at Elm Tree Farm have underfloor heating to keep you cosy during the colder months, blackout curtains to help you get a good night’s sleep, as well as luxury bed linen and towels. The fully-fitted kitchens include contemporary units, a fridge-freezer, an oven and hob, a microwave, a toaster, a kettle, a dishwasher and a washing machine. We also provide all those little kitchen essentials that it can be easy to overlook, like tea, coffee and sugar, salt, pepper, tea towels, dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid.
To keep you connected, each property has speedy and reliable PlusNet Wi-Fi, as well as USB charger points / ports to keep your devices fully charged.
The perfect family home-from-home
At Elm Tree Farm we love families and we want your stay to be as fun and stress-free as possible. To help get your break off to the right start we provide all of the following completely free of charge. Just email us before you come to let us know what you need.
• Travel cots and sheets
• High chairs
• Toys and books
• Plastic cutlery, cups, plates and bowls
• Spare bibs
• Picnic lunch boxes
• Bumboo seat
• Potties and a child’s toilet seat
• Outdoor play equipment
• Children’s Freeview TV channels
• DVD player and selection of children’s DVDs
• Stairgate at the bottom of the spiral staircase in larger cottages
Family accommodation near a wealth of attractions in the Heart of England
Elm Tree Farm is located on the edge of the Cotswolds, right in the heart of England, just 1 hour from London by train and less than an hour by car from an incredible range of attractions. There’s something to keep even the most demanding of little people happy!
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
• Evenley Wood Gardens and cafe, 5 minutes from our accommodation
• 4 stunning National trust properties – Stowe Landscape Gardens, Waddesdon Manor, Canons Ashby and Upton House
• Blenheim Palace House and Gardens, Woodstock
• Wendover Woods, Salcey Forest, Towcester & Silverstone Woods
• Ryton Pools Country Park, near Coventry
• Cutteslowe and Sunnymead Park and lido, Oxford
• The Grand Union Canal and Oxford for lovely walks and a pub meal
• Pitsford Reservoir and Sywell Country Park
• Many other Woodland Trust woods
• Stanwick Lakes
• Irchester Country Park
TOWNS, CITIES AND HISTORIC ATTRACTIONS
• Oxford – wonderful free museums (National History, Pitt Rivers, Ashmolean), beautiful architecture, punting and walks along the river
• Bladon Motor Museum
• Bletchley Park, for a good history lesson!
• Warwick Castle
• Stratford Upon Avon
• Leamington Spa
• Sulgrave Manor
• Bicester Village, luxury designer shopping outlet, with a great children’s play area and family-friendly eateries
AMUSEMENT PARKS, INDOOR ACTIVITIES, MUSEUMS AND SPORT ACTIVITIES
• Gullivers Land, Milton Keynes
• Silverstone Circuit, home to the British F1 Grand Prix
• Hatton Country World, Warwick
• Rebound Revolution trampoline park, Bicester
• Harry Potter World, Watford
• Milton Keynes Xscape with cinema, Snozone, indoor sky diving, arcade games, bowling and indoor trampolining
• Thrupp marina, where you can hire a kayak
• Escape Room, Milton Keynes
• Quainton Railway Centre – including special Thomas and Paw Patrol days
• Children’s Play Village, Warwick
• Soft Play centres in Buckingham, Banbury and Bicester
• Riverside Hub, Northampton
• 360 Play, Milton Keynes
PETTING FARMS / WILDLIFE
• Green Dragon Eco Farm, East Claydon
• Woburn Safari Park, Woburn
• Whipsnade Zoo
• Cotswold Wildlife Park,
• Thrift Farm, Bletchley
• Rookery Farm, Stoke Bruerne
• Waterfowl Sanctuary and Children’s Farm
• Fairytale Farm
• Crocodiles of the World, Brize Norton
• Cantager Llama Trekking, Weedon Lois (5 – 14-year-olds FOC with paying adult)
• Icarus Falconry, Northampton
• West Midlands Safari Park
Everything you need is close at hand
Not only is our family-friendly accommodation near a wealth of attractions, historic Oxford and the beautiful Cotswolds, but everything you might need for your stay is close at hand.
Elm Tree Farm is located just outside of the thriving market town of Brackley, Northamptonshire. Here you’ll find shops, great places to eat out and takeaways. There are some great family friendly pubs nearby, including The Red Lion, Evenley, Rose & Crown, Charlton, The Paisley Pear, Brackley and the Trigger Pond, Bucknell.
Most supermarkets deliver to the cottages, and there’s a Tesco and Waitrose in Brackley, so you need never run out of essentials!
The farm is just outside the thriving market town of Brackley, where you can find shops, cosy country pubs and great family-friendly places to eat out. There are two supermarkets nearby, and families love riding their bikes and scooters and feeding the ducks at St James Lake as well as the children’s play park, handily located next door to the Old Fire Station Cafe where you can enjoy great coffee, all-day breakfasts and fabulous cakes.